Demand Planning Manager
Patties Foods is a true Australian success story, growing into a leading Australian manufacturer, supplier and marketer of branded frozen savoury and dessert products. Beginning in 1966 when Peter & Annie Rijs bought a small cake shop named Patties in Lakes Entrance, Victoria; we are now a leading Australian-owned frozen food company delivering great tasting, honest food to all Australians, no matter the occasion. We own a high quality portfolio of iconic Australian brands including Four'N Twenty, Patties, Herbert Adams, Nanna's, and Chefs Pride.
Our company values of courage, trust, integrity and ownership reflect our origin as a family-owned company. We are the custodians of a unique portfolio of brands that have become household names across the nation. Of course, along with Great Brands, and Great Assets, the other vital ingredient in our recipe for success is - GREAT PEOPLE!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Demand Planning Manager to join our Supply Chain team, located in Mentone. You will control the organisations' supply chain solutions, facilitate and drive the S&OP and forecasting processes, maximise forecast accuracy by driving clear communication and collaboration between sales teams, and monitor and report DIFOT fill rates for major ANZ customers.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, your key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the integrity of the forecasting system by ensuring forecast software consistently reflects the customer demand forecast;
- Building and reviewing core forecasts for major customers;
- Measuring and communicating forecast accuracy monthly;
- Monitoring the forecasts for new products and promotions;
- Using S&OP processes, track and pulse demand to ensure inventory + inbound meets demand forecast;
- Following up inventory into the DC and seeking all opportunities for order maintenance;
- Assisting the DC in all customer distribution issues/initiatives;
- Aligning and supporting all supply chain initiatives and lean culture projects;
- Building a supply recovery plan with Supply Planners and understanding root causes for supply issues;
- Proactively communicate supply recovery plan to functions, along with order priorities;
- Proactively assist in all sku rationalisation;
- Updating supply & demand trackers for national promotions and new product introductions;
- Participating in project teams for National Promotions and New Products.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a planning role within a manufacturing or distribution environment, with extensive knowledge of demand planning, account reviews, sales forecast management, forecasting systems such as Blueshift/Demantra and manufacturing systems Infor M3/SAP etc. APICS qualifications or a business related degree is highly advantageous.
You will have a demonstrated ability to analyse and act on statistical information, interpret numerical data and produce business reports/presentations. You will be approachable, have excellent communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail. Your collaborative approach, strong problem solving & interpersonal skills & adaptable working style will ensure your success in the role.
You will be at home working in a matrix structure & comfortable in an environment with ambiguity, frequent change & unpredictability. To hit the ground running in this exciting and challenging role, you will be a self-starter with the drive & commitment to achieve results.
The role will require occasional travel.
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and a cover letter by 23 February 2018.