Sensory & Innovation Specialist (Product Development)
Patties Foods is a true Australian success story, growing into a leading Australian manufacturer, supplier and marketer of branded frozen savoury and dessert products. We are now a leading Australian-owned frozen food company delivering great tasting, honest food to all Australians, no matter the occasion. We own a high quality portfolio of iconic Australian brands including Four'N Twenty, Patties, Herbert Adams, Nanna's, and Chefs Pride.
Our company values of courage, trust, integrity and ownership reflect our origin as a family-owned company. We are the custodians of a unique portfolio of brands that have become household names across the nation. Of course, along with Great Brands, and Great Assets, the other vital ingredient in our recipe for success is - GREAT PEOPLE!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Innovation & Sensory Specialist to join our Marketing & Innovation Team, located in Mentone.
Reporting to the Head of Research & Development, your key responsibilities include:
- Innovate, develop and bank bespoke new concepts and innovation for potential future development;
- Work cross functionally across technical, marketing, commercial functions and key suppliers on the innovation pipeline, and to identify new opportunities, concepts and ranges;
- React to the changes in consumer and market trends in order to continue to create exciting category solutions and range extensions;
- Prepare and present concept products and samples internally and to customers;
- Prepare and lead internal and external innovation and ideation workshops;
- Accurately document all work in line with the NPD processes, working with a creative but methodical approach;
- Scope, develop, document and implement Patties sensory testing panels using both preference and discrimination testing methodology;
- Complete monthly sensory reviews across Patties portfolio and competitor products, reporting findings to the business;
- Provide strong input into new channel strategies such as QSR, using a range of innovation tools;
- Apply rapid prototyping approaches to the design of new product and service development which engages the customer, increases efficiency and leads to higher success rates;
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to increase their understanding of key foodservice decision makers and customer requirements
- Ensure a deep understanding of, and develop networks within, B2B foodservice customers to ensure Patties delivers real solutions and grows market share;
- Ensure a deep understanding of the capabilities of the Patties Foods Group in order to identify opportunities to develop new food solutions in line with customer and consumer needs;
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers within the foodservice sector e.g. Executive Chefs.
- Identify and develop key industry partnerships with suppliers, toll manufacturers and research providers and test kitchen facilities to complement and extend Patties internal capabilities in a cost-effective manner;
- Continuous review and improvement of current product portfolio through sensory testing and collaboration with NPD team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about all things food related!
We are seeking an individual with a chef or food related background with a demonstrated ability to develop and create new products. You will have a creative flair, with the ability to build strong relationships in the industry and work collaboratively across the business. Taking pride in your work, you will have a focus on delivering new, exciting and high quality products.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move out of a chef or hospitality role and into a role that allows you to research, develop, create and test new food products for our customers!
The role will require occasional travel.
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and a cover letter by 2 March 2018