Import / Export Coordinator
Patties Foods is a true Australian success story, growing into a leading Australian manufacturer, supplier and marketer of branded frozen savoury and dessert products. We strive to deliver great-tasting, irresistible comfort food to all Australians, no matter the occasion. We are the custodians of a high quality, unique portfolio of iconic Australian brands including Four'N Twenty, Patties, Herbert Adams, Nanna's, and Chefs Pride.
Our company values of courage, trust, integrity and ownership reflect our origins as a family-owned company. Of course, along with Great Brands, and Great Assets, the other vital ingredient in our recipe for success is - GREAT PEOPLE!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Import / Export Coordinator to join our team, located in Mentone. This is a part-time role (reduced hours across 5 days). Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager you will be responsible for managing international customer orders, from order placement to completion, acting as the liaison with all parties to ensure smooth and complete transactions.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate shipping documentation; oversee all aspects of the container shipment (from assisting customers/suppliers with bookings to the containers' arrival at port)
- Proactively managing all aspects of international orders
- Executing end to end purchase order management; working with internal stakeholders, shippers and trans loaders, bookings and on time sailing
- Providing import/export documentation for multiple accounts in various stages of completion in a highly time-sensitive environment
- Obtaining import/export certificates from government agencies in compliance with regulations
- Ensuring compliance with customs, import/export, applicable foreign trade/importation laws, as well as applicable federal transport regulations
- Initiating timely invoicing and working closely with the accounting department to ensure billing accuracy
- Identifying risks and opportunities when developing logistics plans and freight estimates for super loads and complex international shipments to ensure cost-effective, safe, and efficient transportation of our products.
The successful candidate will have outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and maintain a high level of accuracy. You will thrive in a busy and fast-paced environment with the ability to work within strict timelines.
You will possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to work with MRP/ERP/EDI/OZDOCS OR EX DOCS systems.
Prior experience working in international logistics in the FMCG manufacturing, freight forwarding, or international trade industries is required. A relevant qualification in analytics / business / commercial discipline is preferable.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and a cover letter by Friday 24 January 2020.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
No fee of any type will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement.
Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Patties Foods.