Quality Assurance Manager - Pakenham
‘Creators of irresistible comfort food'
Patties Foods is a true Australian success story, growing into a leading Australian manufacturer, supplier and marketer of branded frozen savoury and dessert products. We are a leading Australian-owned frozen food company delivering great tasting, honest food to all Australians, no matter the occasion. We own a high quality portfolio of iconic Australian brands including Four'N Twenty, Patties, Herbert Adams, Nanna's, and Chefs Pride.
Our company values of courage, trust, integrity and ownership reflect our origin as a family-owned company. We are the custodians of a unique portfolio of brands that have become household names across the nation. Of course, along with Great Brands, and Great Assets, the other vital ingredient in our recipe for success is - GREAT PEOPLE!
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in Pakenham. This is a full-time, permanent role.
Reporting to the Group Quality Assurance Manager and working closely with the Site Operations Manager, you will lead and manage the Quality Assurance programs, ongoing Audit and compliance requirements for best practice at the Pakenham Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a robust Quality Management System for the site that meets both internal and external compliance requirements to achieve superior quality and reliability results
- Promote quality and food safety achievement and performance improvement throughout the organisation
- Lead the development, implementation and management of the quality and food management system across the site
- Drive the continuous improvement process for Quality across the site. Build the site quality plans with clear goals and timelines
- Partner with New Product Development, Operations and process improvement to identify and implement product initiatives to improve quality and food safety
The successful candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Minimum Degree in Food Science/Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' relevant working experience preferably in a Food Manufacturing setting; a minimum of 2 years of that experience should be at Manager level
- Working knowledge of food laws - must have prior relevant experience in the food industry
- Understanding of policies related to international products
- Working knowledge of BRC, SQF, HACCP, GFSI, WSE, CFMSR and product safety systems
- Understand and champion GMP requirements
To hit the ground running in this exciting role, you will be a self-starter with the drive & commitment to achieve results as well as demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and a cover letter by Friday 9th October 2020.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
No fee of any type will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement.
Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Patties Foods.